Thursday, April 2, 2009

Roasted Chicken & Asparagus



One of the tips in the March 2009 issue of EDF is to tuck some butter and herbs under the skin of chicken before roasting it for a fast dinner. I decided to try it tonight with rosemary and thyme. It was OK. Given that it's probably not that healthy and didn't result in something insanely yummy, I probably won't bother with it again. We'll see. One combo they suggest is butter with chili powder and lime zest. I might still try that one. Let me know if you do.

As a side, I made Asparagus with Creamy Mustard Sauce. Initially when I tasted the sauce on its own, I thought it was too bland, but there's something about the asparagus that blends perfectly with it.

1 comment:

Sarah! said...

olive oil instead of butter seems to crisp up the skin better. I like it with thyme and garlic salt too.