Saturday, April 11, 2009

Chocolate covered matzah


Even though I don't keep kosher for Passover, I decided to make chocolate covered matzah in honor of Passover. This was my mom's recipe I think. It's so tasty!

1/2 lb matzah (I used like 4 pieces)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
8 oz. chocolate chips

Pre-heat the oven to 350.
Line a cookie sheet with foil and lay matzah on pan.
Melt brown sugar with butter in a saucepan.
Boil until mixture coats a spoon.
Brush matzah with brown sugar mixture
Bake in 350 degree oven for 3-4 minutes (watch closely, it burns easily!!) until it starts to bubble.
Cover with chocolate chips and put back in the oven until the chips start to melt (like one minute). You can put nuts on top if you like.
Spread the chocolate to cover the matzah.
Put in the freezer or fridge until the chocolate is solidified.
Break into pieces.

Note: I had a little bit of extra brown sugar mixture leftover, so you probably could make more than 4 pieces.

No comments: