Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chipotle Beans

This one's probably not something Julia Child would have made, not quite enough butter for her. None at all actually. It's another one from 101 Cookbooks: Giant Chipotle White Beans. The unique thing about this is you have to buy a can of chipotle peppers but then you just use the smoky sauce. It's kind of a waste because I had to toss the peppers, but the sauce does add a different flavor. Plus the giant beans are really fun and this queso fresco is really good. I used to have queso fresco with my Mexican roommate but I never knew it was also called farmer's cheese or that it was popular and available everywhere these days. So, a great discovery! I've been eating this dish all week for lunch, it's a great find!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I use chipotles in adobo sauce all the time. You can freeze the peppers in baggies (I usually put 2 or 3 in each bag) and take out anytime you need them. They are great in chili or blended into an aioli, hummus or tahini if you like spice.