Sunday, August 9, 2009

Blackberry Mini Muffins

Today a bunch of things came together and told me I was destined to make blackberry mini muffins.

1. First, this morning at a yard sale I found a bunch of cooling racks. I have never owned cooling racks because I never thought it was worth it to buy them. I've been waiting for the day when I would find some at a yard sale or on the free table and that day was today.

2. We went to Duxbury to visit some relatives and one of their main attractions (yes, aside from the soft sand beaches) is the "Duxbury Mall" which is the free stuff pile at the dump. Mining this place is like a career for some people there, but I was lucky enough to come away with a mini muffin tin.

3. Mom was over to visit and she brought lots of fresh picked blackberries from her backyard. We had some for breakfast but there were a whole bunch leftover.

I knew the blackberry mini muffins were meant to be. I used this recipe but substituted yogurt instead of sour cream because that's what I had, and of course they are very good. It was serendipitous!

No comments: