Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Scallions!

No one else seems to be posting here but I'm going to continue, even if it's just for my own records. So, the main thing I've been getting in my CSA that I can't keep up with is scallions! Every week there's another big bunch and most things I make with them just uses a little bit. So I had to find more uses for them.

One thing I found was this scallion pesto. I didn't know if it would be any good but I also just got my first food processor so it was the perfect thing to try. I would say the scallion pesto is not amazing or anything but it's pretty good, definitely gives things a nice oniony tang, and a great use of my scallions!

The other thing I made was really awesome: bacon cheddar scallion biscuits! I used this recipe from the Pioneer Woman and just added scallions (sauteed them briefly in a little of the bacon fat before dumping them in the batter). I brought them to a potluck and they gotten eaten up pretty quickly. They are not healthy in the least but they are really good!

No comments: