Friday, September 16, 2011

Recipes from Switzerland

Louisa! All is not lost! I've been thinking about blogging more about the recent cooking I've been doing too, so pictures to come! Recipe links for now!

Since last you all saw me, I got married and moved to Geneva, Switzerland. Most of my friends work at CERN at the Large Hadron Collider (or LHC). There are lots of nice things about Switzerland (cows! cheese! wine!) and downsides too (#3 most expensive city in the world).

So, we end up cooking a LOT instead of going out to eat. In the land of a burger costs $20, my reliance on Julia Child and Joy of Cooking has skyrocketed.

Recently, I've made a lot of scones to entertain my friends who stop by for tea. (I know, it sounds like we're living in the 1940s here.) But tried and true, this recipe for lemon scones actually one of my favs. Don't over knead the dough and if you have european butter, all the better. Did you know the fat content is totally different in butter here? Fascinating!

No comments: