Monday, September 29, 2008

Make this Soup!!!

I too, have been bad about posting to the blog lately. I don't even really have an excuse to offer up, but I have been cooking. Actually just last night I thought I'd wait it out another week or so and then make a giant post about everything I tried to make out of the September issue of Everyday Food Magazine, which we all know I consult regularly. I'll still do that -- but until then -- you should all make this soup!

Perhaps my extreme affinity for it has come about as a result of the fact that it was exactly what I needed last night. It was rainy here in NYC, I'd had an exhausting weekend, and just wanted to curl up on the couch with something warm, healthy, and yummy. In addition to being all of that, this soup was incredibly easy to make.

A couple notes:

-I halved the recipe, though when doing so, I felt like I need to add a bit more tomatoes. I probably ended up using 3/4 of a can rather than 1/2.
-I added a bit extra Orzo.
-I'd prob just the zucchini in quarters so the pieces are more bite sized.
-In the last minute or two before it was done cooking I added a few shakes of crushed red pepper to give it a tiny bit of an extra kick. Definitely a good idea.

No comments: