Monday, June 15, 2009

Everyday Food Magazine - May 2009

Apologies for the late post - I started this draft ages ago and never got around to digging up all of the links! Better late than never....
----------------
My June issue of EDF arrived much sooner than I expected. But that means, its time for me to recap May's issue. Sadly, I didn't try a single recipe out of this month! (As a lame excuse I offer the fact that I spent many evenings in the last month searching for a new apt, a subletter for my current apartment, and just generally fantasizing about my new kitchen. Somehow with all of that going on I really didn't pull out the mag to explore.) Worry not - I flagged plenty - so here's the recap:

The in-season food of the month was rhubarb. Quite honestly, the stuff has never really excited me, but I did flag the recipe for Rhubarb Crumb Bars. I will admit I think I half intended to substitute something else for the rhubarb. Anyone else have any feelings about rhubarb good or bad?

Remember awhile back when I posted about trying a recipe for Oven Fried Chicken and I thought it was kinda lame? Well this issue has a recipe that looks much more promising than the one I originally tried.

They had a section this month on Chicken 6 Ways. Here are the ones I flagged:
-Roasted Chicken with Lemons and Fennel
-Chicken Cutlets with Herb Butter

Also in this issue were the following recipes I flagged:
-Emeril's Lemon Herb Grilled Shrimp
-Blueberry Almond Granola (I thought this looked so fun to make your own granola! Definitely a project for my new kitchen!)
-Cinnamon-Oat Pancakes
-Steak Salad with Snap Peas
-Roasted Salmon with Herbed Yogurt
-Buttermilk Creams with Strawberries
-Versatile Vanilla Cake (they also printed Chocolate and Lemon variations)
-Glazed Lemon Cookies

No comments: